Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Girl Scout Bridging Ceremony

Today our girl scouts had their end of year ceremony and bridging. We had 7 girls who were moving up to Juniors, leaving my troop to only have 5 girls. If it stays that way, I think I can actually do this Brownie Leader thing. We also gave our girls some more patches that had not come in when we had our investiture ceremony a few weeks ago. Its kind of sad that these girls are moving on to the next level. They are really a great bunch of girls. I got pretty flowers from a few of the girls. It was very nice.

Each of the troops had to provide entertainment, so our girls got up to sing the Brownie Smile song : )

I’ve got something in my pocket that belongs upon my face,
I keep it very close to me in a most convenient place

I’m sure you couldn’t guess it if you guessed a long, long while.
So I’ll take it out and put it on - it’s a great big Brownie Smile!


And everyone got to sing Make New Friends.

Make new friends, but keep the old
One is silver and the others gold
a circle is round, it has no end
thats how long I want to be your friend.

*****
After the ceremony we went back for some snacks. Thankfully we had dinner first!

2 comments:

  1. You might be a leader???!!! Wow, that is big news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember simgimg Make new friends but keep the old!!

    ReplyDelete