Does anyone really keep the perfect house? I mean I have 2 kids, is it possible to keep clutter to a minimum? Is it possible to get everything cleaned up in the morning before having somewhere to be?
I feel bad when people worry too much about how messy their house is. So I thought I would bravely post pictures of my kitchen and exactly how I left it when I went to a friends house this morning. Hanging out with friends, so much more fun and important that a clean house!
A year ago I would have been ashamed. But now I just don't care. As long as things are generally cleaned and the bathroom is clean, does the rest really matter?
See the pot holder on the counter (under the newspaper). Its been there since dinner last night. The breakfast bar, is always covered in clutter. I like to think it prevents the clutter from being on my counter. But guess what? it doesn't.. We find more clutter for the counter. Like the newspaper for instance.
Ah yes, I emptied the dishwasher last night before it was dry, so I could throw all the bath toys in and run bleach to clean them after my son had pooped in the bathtub. The apple juice bottle, needs to go in the recycle bin, its been on the counter for 5 days now. The Spray and wash, belongs in the basement, just hasn't gotten up and walked itself down there yet. I figure eventually it will. There are also tin cans back there that need to be painted orange. If I don't put awat these clean dishes, I will probably forget to do that craft and throw them in the recycle bin too. Take a peek inside the sink there. Dirty dishes..
And now a shot of the other side of the sink. Notice the husband's lunchbox, my lunch container, but a generally clean counter. That is the one counter I try to keep 95% clutter free. So I don't have to move much to cook. And the garbage bag hanging from the cabinet, overflowing. Notice the cabinet left open? Its not open because I forgot to close it after I didn't get out a little miniature Hershey bar..
Life happens and if you don't slow down to enjoy it, it will just pass you by. So if my kitchen is left messy some (most)days, then so be it. Cause you know what? We had an awesome time with friends this morning!
Ok now that I actually have some free time, I should go clean the kitchen, just a little. K gets home soon and its muffin tin Monday. Gotta go find where the muffin tins might be hiding.
We tend to live the same way at times and we dont have kids. We get the mail each day and then it piles up on our island. If the dishwasher needs to be emptied it usually sits for a day or so until we feel like getting to it meanwhile dishes are piling up in the sink. Our shoes pile up by the door. We work all day and dont feel like doing anything but chilling when we come home. Sure I know some of it is just pure laziness. In the end after a few days I get tired of seeing the house a mess and we clean it all up and I am happy that there is no more clutter until it starts all over again a few days after.
ReplyDeleteMy house is the same way!!! Things just seem to pile up on my counter, my china closet and table!!! the kids have a play room but do you think they play in there!! Noooooooooo they have toys all over the house and never clean it up!!!! I mean really they have toys all over, livingroom, dinningroom, kitchen, their room and even my bedroom!!!! and its worst now cause I just don't have the energy to clean up!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for a REAL post about REAL life! I knew there was a reason I liked you so much! : )
ReplyDeleteI think there is a diffrence between clutter and dirt. My house is always cluttered and stuff on counters and tables (heck we are 5 people in a tiny 2 bedroom) BUT it is clean and safe for the kids. That to me is the big diffrence (and btw your kitchen looks great )
ReplyDelete