Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Zhu Zhu Pets?

Wow, I am sure glad my kid doesn't want one of these Zhu Zhu pets. People stand in line before stores open if they hear the store has them.
Can you believe how ridiculous it is, all this craze over a silly hamster. I hear people paying up to $75 for these toys! And come January they will be all over the shelves. Linda over at Trendy Tykes has a funny take on it

But recently this conversation has gone down.
"What did you say you want Kz? a hamster toy?" Oh no, are you kidding me? Well I still refuse to stand in line before a store opens to get a hold of one of these things. I love my girl, but if I have to stand in line for hours or pay more than $8 for a hamster. She will certainly not have a disappointing Christmas and you can't have it all, 7 is a good age to teach that, right?

Luckily I have a husband who has the best luck when it comes to finding things when he is not looking for it.


2 comments:

  1. Kara doesn't know anything about them. Shhh! However, my husband thinks they are cool and I think he wants one. I am not standing in line for a grown man! LOL! His birthday is in July. I'll wait and buy him one then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard about these at all until yesterday... we ran a story about them on the news. It reminded me of the craze for Beanie Babies in the 90s. Now, you can find those for $1 on eBay!

    ~Elizabeth
    http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete